Thursday 9 March 2017

The Valley of Kings 1 - Introduction

Greetings! 

Before I managed to finish all the reports from Clash of Kings Australia, yet another local tournament was organized and I was very glad I could attend! 

It was the first of what is hoped to be a bi-monthly event in Canberra, organized by Matt. Tas and Three D6 store. Although the Clash of Kings 2017 Book was not released yet at the time of the event, we used some of the new scoring system that involved Unit Strength, some artifacts were not used and the changes to the rules for certain units were also in place. Adepticon rules pack was thus adopted for the tournament:


I decided to keep the army list I have played with so far. I know it may be a bit boring but I prefer incremental changes, if at all. And I'd rather play with the same army against variety of opponents and factions under different settings. Besides, I was happy with the army at the Clash of Kings so why fix something that was not broken? :)

Here is the list for reminder:

Outcasts - Army List

3 Drakon Riders, Regiment - 175
- 5 Silverbreeze, Troop - 145
- 5 Silverbreeze, Troop - 145
- Drakon Rider Lord, Hero, Large Cavalry - 160


3 Drakon Riders, Regiment - 175
- 5 Stormwind, Troops - 140
- 5 Stormwind, Troops - 140
 - Army Standard, Hero, Mounted - 65

3 War Chariots, Regiment - 140
 - Army Standard, Hero, Mounted - 65
 
20 Palace Guard, Regiment - 150 
- 10 Palace Guard, Troop - 105
 
20 Sea Guard, Regiment - 170
- 10 Palace Guard, Troop - 105
- Elven Mage, Hero, Inspiring Talisman, Bane Chant(2), Fireball (10) - 120

There were 12 players attending, 4 games to be played and here are the deployments and army lists my opponents used in each round:

Game 1 - Lawrence - Night Stalkers - Push

Deployment of the armies.

Deployment with tokens allocated.
 
Lawrence had:

40 Bloodwarms, Horde
- 10 Spectres, Troop
- 10 Spectres, Troop
- Horror, Hero

40 Bloodwarms, Horde
- 10 Reapers, Troop
- Planar Apparition, Monster
- Shade, Hero

6 Butchers, Horde

20 Doppelgangers, Regiment
3 Nightmares, Regiment
20 Phantoms, Regiment

Game 2 - Matt - Dwarves - Pillage

Deployment.

Deployment and objectives

Matt had:

40 Shieldbreakers, Horde
- 10 Berserkers, Troop
- 10 Berserkers, Troop
- Organ Gun, War Engine
- Warsmith, Hero

20 Ironguard, Regiment
- Organ Gun, War Engine

20 Ironguard, Regiment
- Organ Gun, War Engine

10 Brock Riders, Regiment
- Sveri Egilax, Hero

 10 Brock Riders, Regiment
- Berserker, Hero

Game 3 - Andrew - Twilight Kin - Control

Delpoyment.

Deployment before Vanguard moves.

Andrew had:

40 Crossbowmen, Horde
- 10 Shadows, Troop
- 10 Shadows, Troop
- Bolt Thrower, War Engine
- Hydra, Monster
- Dark Lord, Hero

20 Reaper Guard, Regiment
- 10 Blade Dancers, Troop
- 10 Blade Dancers, Troop
- Bolt Thrower, War Engine

10 Dark Knights, Regiment
- Hydra, Monster

Game 4 - Tas - Trident Realms - Dominate

Deployment.

Deployment before Vanguard Moves.

Tas had:

40 Naiad Ensnarers, Horde
- 10 Nokken, Troop
- 10 Nokken, Troop
- Kraken, Monster
- Leviathan's Bane, War Engine
- Trident King, Hero

40 Placoderms, Horde
- Leviathan's Bane, War Engine
- Placoderm Defender, Hero

6 Depth Horrors, Horde
- Leviathan's Bane, War Engine
- Thuul Mythican, Hero

As always I am curious about your predictions!

Thanks for reading!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Swordmaster!

    Looking forward to the reports of course. I like to refrain from predictions, but if I must, I will say Loss, Draw, Win, Win respectively.

    The first match: I like the way that he deployed and the terrain offers him a lot of protection. The second: I think you may lose a lot on the approach but line up some combo charges to bring it back. The third: I am really excited for this one. I play TK and this is a very different list from mine and it looks very difficult to use. I love seeing the way other people use TK so it will be a learning experience. Fourth: I think he will have a hard time covering his flanks and avoiding combo charges.

    Just my predictions! I'm actually really interested in how the TK Hydras perform. I think they have a really cool, unique role and two in one list should be fun!

    Looking forward to learing from the reports!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dan!

      I have seen your army on the pictures from Manticon! They are fabulous! Do you have more pictures of it somewhere? If yes, please, share the link!

      Thanks for the predictions too. I know it is not easy to do so, that's why I really appreciate that you did.

      I liked Andrew's TK army and double Hydra was one of the most unique things I had to deal with. They have some very interesting rules. On one hand, they hit harder the more wounded they are. But the more points of damage means more dice to roll for Regeneration! Win-win situation in my opinion! :)

      Unfortunately, TK is in a game 3 so you will need to be patient here :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the kind words! I don't have any pictures of them at the moment, but I am looking for another tournament to enter and I need to make a display board and add a few finishing touches. Once I do that, I will be sure to take some pictures and send them your way!

    My patience is always rewarded when it comes to waiting for your reports!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to seeing more pictures! I really like the painting scheme and the overall effect, very striking!

      Thanks for kind words about the reports! I am sure we will have a great discussion as soon as I post the one about your favorite army :)

      Delete
  3. Me again. Bad news, at least since December 2016, all diagrams and photos doesn´t appear. =(
    http://swordmasterofhoeth.blogspot.com.es/2016/12/game-37-trident-realms-of-neritica.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a quick look myself and I noticed more problems. I will have to re-load all the diagrams again but I have no idea why it happened in the first place. :(

      Thanks a lot for checking the reports! I greatly appreciate your help!

      Delete
    2. You´re welcome! I love to read your battlereports, and it´s a pity this issue about diagrams :(

      Delete
    3. Thank you! I am glad you do and I will do my best not only to fix the problem but also to find the reason for it.

      Cheers!

      Delete
  4. I noted it too and wondered if it was an issue with photobucket as I've found it to be really laggy recently

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't know at this stage. I will see what is going to happen with the reports where I uploaded photos from the hard drive directly.

      Delete